--- Please excuse multiple postings ---
we are excited to open the Call for Contributions for the first joint ICCHP-AAATE conference on Digital Inclusion, Assistive Technology & Accessibility under the shared chairmanship of
- Katerina Mavrou (General Chair, European University of Cyprus and President of AAATE) and
- Roberto Manduchi (Scientific Chair, Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, University of California Santa Cruz, USA).
ICCHP-AAATE 2022 will be held
July 11 - 15 2022 at
Politecnico di Milano - Polo Territoriale di Lecco
Via Gaetano Previati 1/c
23900 Lecco LC,
After an online ICCHP 2020 and a cancelled AAATE 2021, the two entities decided to co-organise this scientific conference in 2022 in order to to tap into the full potential of their expert communities in digital inclusion, assistive technology and accessibility, to learn from each other, complement each other, find synergies and new ways for co-operation.
The joint ICCHP-AAATE conference focuses on Assistive Technology (AT), (e)Accessibility and Accessible ICT as well as social, economic and political Inclusion and Participation of people with disabilities and older adults.
The conference highlights the role of technology for independent living, participation, inclusion and improved services and support.
By its nature, the conference is concerned with a wide range of topics in interdisciplinary research, product and service development, practice, legislation, economics and policy in evolving and fast advancing disciplines and related fields.
The conference is open to all visionary ideas and future oriented thoughts supporting our mission, from all over the globe.
We offer several ways of contributing to the conference:
- Science, Research and Engineering Contributions: submit a peer- reviewed scientific paper (Springer LNCS or DOI referenced OA Compendium),
- Special Thematic Sessions (STS): Structure and define your own research area for a comprehensive and focused discussion,
- Inclusion Forum Contributions: Ôrganise workshops, seminars, tutorials and panel discussions for exploring relevant and/or controversial aspects around assistive technology, accessibility and digital inclusion,
- Young Researchers’ Consortium: The next generation of research meet, learn and discuss their work with experts in the field and are also encouraged to submit a Science, Research and Engineering Contribution.
Contributions accepted for publication and presentation at the conference qualify to be submitted as elaborated and extended version to a Special Issue of the AAATE Journal 'Technology & Disability' dedicated to ICCHP-AAATE contributions.
If your work touches upon any of the fields mentioned above, do not hesitate to submit a contribution – we are looking forward to reading from and meeting with you!
For more information on the submission requirements, deadlines and organisational details of the Call for Contributions, please have a look at the detailed call announcement to be downloaded from
ICCHP-AAATE Call for Contributions 2022
For more information on the ICCHP-AAATE Joint Conference 2022 have a look at ICCHP-AAATE Joint Conference 2022.
We would be honoured in having you as a contributor to reach the aims of this first joint conference,
Katerina Mavrou (General Chair),
Roberto Manduchi (Scientific Chair) and
Klaus Miesenberger (Organising/Publishing Chair)